Tuesday 8 February 2011

Project: Foth 6x9 Pinhole Part 3

Yesterday I managed to find half an hour to run a film through the Foth pinhole. In fact two films. The first roll jammed and ripped the backing paper. Roll 2 was more successful, but has raised a couple of issues. Firstly, the cardboard lens stop doesn't work. The whole front standard tends to pull back into the camera with the slightest touch. A gust of wind or even the action of the cable release. I need to work on that, a new part will be made of aluminium, and will lock the lens standard in place. Secondly, having developed the film, it's clear that I have some major light leaks. I'm pretty certain the bellows are light tight, but closer examination shows they're not fixed securely to the camera! It looks as it the glue the factory used 85 years ago has failed. On the plus side, from what I can see of the image, the pinhole is a goodun. So I have a bit of work to do to on the Foth pinhole.In the meantime, here's a couple of pic from the first film:
50 second exposures on Ilford HP5+ with a lot of fogging due to those light leaks. Developed, 11 minutes in Rodinal 1+50 at 20°

No comments: