Tuesday 24 June 2008

Provia in the ME

Last year I shot a few rolls of Kodachrome, just for old time's sake and although it was fun, the difficulty getting it processed made it quite a frustrating experience. From the UK, you have to send it to a Kodak lab in Switzerland who then forward it to Dwayne's in Kansas for processing. They send it back to Kodak in Switzerland, who then return it to you. The whole journey can take up to 6 weeks, and even then the slides are sometimes dusty and always returned in cheap and flimsy packaging. Such a drag!

So on to this summer's slide film of choice which is Fujichrome Provia 100F. I've shot some of this in medium format, but never in 35mm. I love the blues and greens with this film. The first roll went into my Pentax ME with a 50mm lens. The fast turn around with processing E6 is a joy. The mounted and dust-free slides come back in 3 days!!

The pic here is some 'civic sculpture' in Plymouth. It's curved, not lens distortion! I didn't know how the ME would meter this, so I just let it do it's thing. Probably a bit under, but I love that Provia blue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that blue, too! I ordered some provia, velvia and some Pan F yesterday for 35mm and 120... Now, I just have to come up with something interesting to take pictures of!